The Basic Practical Nutrition Course is a 3 hour introductory course of study for individuals who have an interest in understanding the fundamental principles of Modern Nutrition. The course is designed as a tool to empower the individual in making wise dietary and lifestyle choices based upon Dr. Shaklee’s philosophy. With group enrollment there is a cohort exchange of information, questions and answers providing an interactive format to enrich the learning experience. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Although this course is challenging, it is the first and most fundamental course offered at the Academy; and therefore, there aren’t any prerequisites for taking this course. Enroll Online Today!
Part 1 – Introduction to Practical Nutrition
- American Diet
- Politics of Nutrition
- Healthy Diet
- Optimum Nutrients & Disease Prevention
Part 2 – Nutrient Classifications
- The Six Classifications of Nutrients
- Functions of Nutrient Classifications & Phytochemicals (Plants)
Part 3 – Supplementation
- Why Supplements?
- Why Nutrition?
- $125.00 per student
Basic Practical Nutrition Course includes:
- 3 part Online powerpoint video presentation
- 3 Quizzes
- Create Your Certification
Class Format. This class is offered in one of three formats:
- You can enroll in an online presentation , or
- You can organize a class of a minimum of three students and serve as the facilitator presenting the online course in your home – call Angie for special pricing.